Below you you will find our guidelines for reopening that were approved by Session. We recognize that not all of you will return and we honor your decision to make that choice on your own timeline. You may continue to watch our services online and support the Church through this time of transition.
Meanwhile, all other church events and activities will remain canceled, and the church will remain closed until further notice. This includes Sunday school, Balance Class, and all gatherings. We are not accepting food donations at this time. Church members are welcome to meet with staff, but you must call to make an appointment first and you must wear a mask while in the office. We will keep you posted with any new developments as they occur.
Guidelines for “In-Person” Worship
· In-person communion resumed on May 2, 2021 with safety guidelines in place.
· Hand sanitizer stations will be in foyer and at the front of the church (church circle).
· Double doors from parking lot into foyer will be propped open with ushers there to greet people as they arrive. Doors at the back (front) of the church will also be propped open with ushers to greet those that enter. If the temperatures are extremely warm, ushers will open the doors as people arrive instead of having doors propped open to save on energy costs.
· Entire service will be on screen for the 11:00 a.m. service and bulletins will be available. There will be bulletins for the Chapel Service.
· Seating in the Chapel and Sanctuary will be every other pew while adhering to social distancing requirements. Stagger seating in pews so as not to be sitting behind someone.
· Hymnals, bibles and other items have been removed from pews.
· Children will remain in pews with parents during Children’s Sermon.
· Children’s Activity Bags have been removed from the sanctuary.
· There will be no choir. We will continue with a few choir members in the loft each week as we have been for live stream services.
· Offering plates will be on pedestals at front and back of the sanctuary for people to drop their offerings in as they arrive or leave at the end of the service.
· In order to prevent congestion in the aisles at the end of the service, the ushers will let the people go row by row. We ask that you proceed to the outside of the church before stopping to talk.
· Strongly encourage everyone to wear a mask.
· Encourage anyone not feeling well to live stream service.
· There will be no coffee and cookies in foyer until we feel it is safe to do so.